|Beta LaserMike’s New Non-Contact Eccentricity Measurement System Takes Center Stage at Wire China|
Visitors to booth W1E63 will get a first-hand view of Beta LaserMike’s new CenterScan 2010 eccentricity gauge, as well as its full line of measurement and control solutions
Beta LaserMike, a leading global provider of precision measurement and control solutions, will show wire and cable manufacturers at Wire China 2010 how its new CenterScan 2010 non-contact eccentricity measurement system will help them better control and improve product quality while reducing material consumption and increasing productivity. Wire China 2010 is being held at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) in Shanghai, P.R.China from September 21 – 24.
Beta LaserMike’s new CenterScan 2010 system provides on-line, high-speed eccentricity measurement of wire and cable insulation over a solid or stranded core without touching the product. Highly sensitive magnetic and optical technology precisely determines the location of the conductor and insulated wire. This information is instantly processed to provide eccentricity, diameter, and ovality measurements, as well as detect product flaws.
CenterScan 2010’s notable features and benefits include:• Compact design for wider range of gauge installation on the production line
• Robust electronics with superior noise immunity for closer placement to line devices
• Factory calibrated for fast, easy setup and simple recompensation
• Accurate product positioning with minimal alignment
“Our new CenterScan 2010 system can reliably measure the diameter of insulated wire and cable from 0.1 to 10 mm (0.004 to .40 in),” says Ethem Erdas, wire and cable product manager at Beta LaserMike. “It can also determine the accuracy to within +0.0005 mm (+0.000020 in). With CenterScan 2010, wire and cable manufacturers will be able to run higher line speeds and produce more finished product in less time while maintaining the highest level of quality.”• LaserSpeed: Revolutionary non-contact laser encoder directly measures length and speed to +0.05% accuracy
• AccuScan: Advanced non-contact laser gauge provides on-line, precision diameter and ovality measurements for increased manufacturing accuracy
• UltraScan: Powerful and unique ultrasonic gauge provides non-contact precision measurement of product wall thickness, eccentricity, diameter, and ovality
• LN Detector: Sophisticated infrared gauge instantly detects changes in cable diameter (lumps or neckdowns) to immediately alert operators of product faults
• High-Frequency Spark Tester: High-performance testing device checks cable insulation quickly and accurately without slowing down your process
• DataPro Controller: Simple to operate process controller and data management system keeps production processes and product quality under control