Diameter & Ovality Measurement Systems
AccuScan systems from Beta LaserMike provide on-line precision measurements of the diameter and ovality of products. Using laser scanning technology, AccuScan systems are able to perform diameter measurements in an intelligent gauge head during production and communicate those measurements to a host system or controller.
Beta LaserMike offers two models:
- AccuScan 1000 and 4000 series gauges are single-plane laser scanners that measure only diameter. The new AccuScan 4012 single-axis diameter gauge has all the powerful features of the larger AccuScan 5000 series, but in a compact, cost-efficient package. Learn more »
- AccuScan 5000 series gauges are dual-plane laser scanners that measure both diameter and ovality.
Increase measurement accuracy and repeatability. (Click image to view)
AccuScan is designed with advanced optics for higher measurement accuracy, and includes intelligent Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology to increase measurement repeatability.
Realize the lowest cost of ownership.
Increase up-time and reduce maintenance cost with built-in air purge system that keeps lenses free of dust and debris. Increase durability with rugged construction sealed to IP 65 (NEMA 4) standards.
Flexible communication for easy integration.
Flexible communication integration with Ethernet IP, RS-232, DeviceNet, and Profibus protocol support. Optional ultra-bright display available for easy readout and access by operator.
AccuScan systems are proven performers in a wide range of industries. These gauges are designed to effectively measure the diameter and ovality of products with the highest accuracy. Industries include:
- Fiber Optics
- Pipe, Tube, and Hose
- Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals (bars, rods, shafts, dowels, etc.)
- And more...
Tube Diameter and Ovality
Tube manufacturer uses AccuScan after the cooling trough to accurately measure the diameter and ovality of product. This system is integrated with a DataPro 5000 controller to improve the tube manufacturing process at every step.
Wire Diameter and Ovality
Wire manufacturer uses AccuScan to precisely determine the diameter and ovality of product.
Diameter and Ovality of Advanced Plastic Tube Technology
A. Schulman Academy (a leading R&D center in Kerpen, Germany) uses an AccuScan 5025 between the puller and trough on the extrusion line to accurately measure ovality and outer diameter of innovative tube technology.
The following technical information provides a range of performance data across all models.
For specific product details to meet your unique application needs, please refer to our data sheets.
AccuScan 1000 Series
- OD Range: 0.35 – 190 mm (0.014 -- 7.50 in)
- Gate Size: 66 – 218 mm (2.6 – 8.6 in.)
- Accuracy: +/-0.003 – +/- 0.025 mm (+/-0.00010 – +/-0.00100 in.)
AccuScan 5000 Series
- OD Range: 0.1 – 175 mm (0.004 – 6.89 in.)
- Gate Size: 16 – 200 mm (0.63 – 7.87 in.)
- Accuracy: +/-0.0005 – +/-0.02 mm (+/-0.000020 – +/-0.00080 in.)
- Options for Measuring Cable Products
- Measuring Optical Fiber
- Measuring Transparent Products
- Diameter Measurement of Non-Uniform Products