Lump and Neckdown Detector
The LN Detector series of products are designed for detection of short-term faults in the diameter of the cable (lumps or neckdowns). LN Detectors are self-contained instruments with fast response circuitry and solid-state infrared light sources that allow instant detection of changes in the cable diameter. Beta LaserMike offers a range of models to meet your unique cable measurement needs.
- The LN3015 3-Axis Lump & Neck Detector is newest solution in fault detection from Beta LaserMike. Learn More »
Accurately control your process.
The signal processing and intelligence is built into the gauge head and outputs can be taken straight from the LN Detector that trigger alarms or marking devices when faults are detected.
The LN Detector is a proven performer in a wide range of cable industries. These gauges are designed to effectively detect lumps or neckdowns with highest accuracy. Industry applications include:
- Communication cable (i.e., coaxial, CATV, etc.)
- Power cable
- Building cable
- Specialty cable
- And more...
The following technical information provides a range of performance data across all models.
For specific product details to meet your unique application needs, please refer to our data sheets.
- Number of Axes: 2 and 3
- Gate Size: 16 -- 50 mm (0.63 -- 2.0 in.)
- OD Range: 0.020 – 40 mm (0.0008 – 1.60 in.)
- Sensitivity Range: 0.02 – 10 mm (0.0008 – 0.40 in.)
- Minimum Flaw Length: 0.50 – 0.80 mm (0.02 – 0.03 in.)
- Interfaces: RS-232, DeviceNet, Ethernet, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, and Profibus
- Power: (2-Axis) 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 0.5A; (3-Axis) 24 VDC, 1.0A
- Dimensions: (2-Axis) 360 x 380 x 80 mm (14.2 x 15.0 x 3.1 in.)
(3-Axis) 245 x 255 x 82 mm (9.6 x 10.0 x 3.2 in.)