Optical Fiber Measurement System
FiberMike is a complete draw tower solution that uses diameter gauges, flaw detectors, and a measurement processor to monitor each stage of your process. Diameter gauges use a flattened measurement response to provide sub-micron measurement accuracy at the cladding, primary and secondary buffer coating stages. A flaw detector checks for internal and external flaws after the secondary buffer coating. The FiberMike processor displays data both numerically and graphically, providing accurate, real-time data and perform position control.
- High-precision diameter measurement with sub-micron accuracies
- Internal/external flaw detection in excess of 45 m/sec
- Outputs to Preform position control
- Intuitive graphical interface
- Robust system design
Diameter Gauging and Flaw Detection in Draw Tower Application
Optical fiber maker using Beta LaserMike’s FiberMike measurement system in a draw tower application to consistently produce high-quality product.
The following technical information provides performance information.
For specific product details, please refer to our data sheets.
Model 282-14 FiberMike Processor
- Power Requirements:
115 VAC ±10%, 3 amp, 50/60 Hz
230 VAC ±10%, 1.5 amp, 50/60 Hz
- Operating Temperature:
Specifications apply at 21°C ±2°
- Dimensions (LxHxW): 18.0 x 6.97 x 19.0 in. (457 x 177 x 483 mm)
- Weight: 22 lbs. (10 kg)
Model 200FI Diameter Gauge
- Number of Axes: 2
- Measurement Range: 80-1000 µm
- Repeatability (16 scans avg.): ±0.025 µm
- Scan Rate:
Standard: 800 scans per second1
Optional: 1500 or 2000 scans per second1
- Positional Error:
Measurement Area: 1 x 1 mm Error: 0.25 µm
Measurement Area: 2 x 2 mm Error: 0.40 µm
- Stability: ±0.0125 µm, ±5°C
Model 360/200FI Flaw Detector Combo
- Diameter Specification: See Part Number: 84637
- Minimum Flaw Length: None
- Minimum Flaw Size: 3 microns
- Maximum Fiber Diameter: 260 microns
- Number of Axes: 3
- Working Area: 1 mm x 1 mm square, centered at the intersection of the three laser beams
- Line Speed: >45m/sec.
Beta LaserMike offers a growing range of webinars, presentations, and videos available online. Learn more about our products today.